Cardiac images are subject to motion from both the beating heart and breathing.
Cardiac images are subject to motion from both the beating heart and breathing. While the heart motion can be corrected by acquiring the ECG signal and gating, respiratory motion is not corrected, and can lead to difficulty in precise evaluation of cardiac pathology.
CardioFreeze reduces image blur from both cardiac and respiratory motion using only the ECG trigger for gating. Decreasing the blur may improve visualization of myocardial tracer distribution, wall thickness and defect definition. This additional information can increase diagnostic confidence.
Key benefits of CardioFreeze
- Minimizes both cardiac and respiratory motion, utilizing 100% of the information in each cardiac gate1
- Avoids poor image quality due to cardiac and respiratory motion
- Improves signal-to-noise ratio and image quality
- Does not require an external respiratory device
- Offers the possibility of research on vulnerable plaque
*Biograph Vision and its features and applications are pending 510(k) clearance, and are not yet commercially available in the United States or other countries worldwide. Their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens Healthineers organization for further details.
1Based on internal measurements at time of publication. Data on file.