Ease all your CT demands
“The mobile workflow: More than ever, the patient is in the center of the whole examination.”
Carla Susana Ribeiro Pinto
CT radiographer at Centro Hospitalar de São João, Porto, Portugal
Work more efficiently and patient-friendly
We built SOMATOM® go.All around a new mobile workflow to bring an unparalleled level of flexibility and mobility to your daily CT procedures.
- The tablet gives you total freedom over how you work and lets you stay with the patient for longer
- The integrated injector arm lets you position the injector where you need it, when you need it, and makes for a neat and organized working environment
- With the new workplace design you can set up the workstation in the same room, outside the scan room, or in a separate control room
- The integrated 2D camera makes it easy to spot even micro-movements and keep the patient in the right position
- The easy-to-use Bluetooth remote control makes CT workflow processes more efficient
With the SOMATOM go.All CT scanner, users can spend most of the time with the patient – which results in higher efficiency, higher patient comfort, and fewer motion artifacts.
On the left: A standard workflow. The CT operator spends most of the time in the control room.
In comparison, the unique new mobile workflow of SOMATOM go.All, based on tablet-operation and automation.
Automate your workflow with GO technologies
Our GO technologies are now available for the first time in both routine scanning and advanced clinical fields. They help standardize and simplify all departmental processes – from patient setup to image distribution, archiving, and reading.
- Scan&GO: a tablet app that allows you to control scans remotely. In cardiac CT, Scan&GO even simplifies electrode handling and ECG monitoring.
- Check&GO: an intelligent algorithm that flags up problems with coverage or contrast media distribution as they occur. It can ultimately reduce the number of recalls.
- Recon&GO: performs zero-click postprocessing, making it part of the standard reconstruction tasks. It saves time and cuts down on workflow steps.
- CT View&GO: an all-in-one, cross-specialty viewing solution that provides a large variety of clinical applications in one workflow. It is also available as an independent console.
Achieve clinical consistency also in advanced tasks
For consistent high-quality results in computed tomography, SOMATOM go.All allows operators to easily perform routine and chosen advanced tasks.
Simplicity in routine CT
Deliver consistent, reliable results in routine CT. Intuitive workflows and cutting-edge technologies bring automation and simplicity to oncology, vascular, orthopedic, and neuro imaging.
Intuitive functions in CT-guided intervention
Benefit from Guide&GO, the first tablet-based solution for CT-guided interventions. Control the entire procedure from the tablet and remote control, and navigate images using intuitive touchscreen functions familiar to any smartphone user.
Sensitive scanning in pediatrics
Help parents and children feel at ease during pediatric scanning. The mobile workflow allows you to stay with the child for longer, while dose-reduction technologies like the Tin Filter offer safe scanning that reassures parents.
Standardized stroke workflow in neuro CT
Achieve leading door-to-needle times with fast and accurate information in stroke diagnosis. Excellent gray/white matter differentiation, dynamic imaging, and high acquisition speed all enhance patient outcomes.
Clinical consistency in cardiac CT
Make cardiac procedures intuitive and consistent. GO technologies automatically guide you through the entire workflow, so you can enter this challenging advanced field with confidence.
Enter new clinical arenas and maximize throughput
Our intuitive workflows open up additional reimbursement opportunities. Now you can grow your CT business in the arena of cardiac CT: SOMATOM go.All helps you deliver consistent, high-quality results in every cardiac case.
Additional revenues can also be generated through higher throughput – based on quicker positioning, simplified workflows, and the high-performance Athlon® tube. Add to that lower installation expenditure and running costs, and you’ll see why we say that the SOMATOM go. platform was built to make success your daily business.
Benefit from premium support
The Siemens Healthineers Connect Plan1 is an all-new service plan that comes standard with the investment of SOMATOM go.All. It fully utilizes the capabilities of the connection to our digital platforms – SRS, PEPconnect2, LifeNet – and to our remote services. This allows you to receive seamless support. It covers the second and third year after system purchase and gives you the financial confidence of premium service, matching your total cost of ownership requirements. Additionally, you can optionally upgrade to a full service contract.
Siemens Healthineers Connect Plan1
- Multi-year service package, included in the system purchase price, to improve scanner uptime
- Affords you financial certainty from day one
- Many aspects of service – including spare parts3 – covered in the scanner purchase price
- Higher uptime, improved workflows, efficient support, and streamlined training
Blended learning with PEPconnect2
- The industry’s first online personalized education experience
- Combines self-study training material, face-to-face training, and online learning
- Staff training can begin even before system delivery
1Powered by Siemens Remote Service. Siemens Healthineers Connect Plan is subject to regional adaptions/restrictions.
2PEPconnect availability is subject to regional restrictions.
3Excluding X-ray tube and tablet. Additional tube and tablet coverage solutions are optionally available.
The products/features shown on this webpage are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens organization for further details.
The statements by Siemens' customers described herein are based on results that were achieved in the customer's unique setting. Since there is no "typical" hospital and many variables exist (e.g., hospital size, case mix, level of IT adoption) there can be no guarantee that other customers will achieve the same results.