The 3gAllergy™ assay is the first third-generation assay detecting allergen-specific IgE, which aids physicians in their diagnosis and allows for early treatment. The assay delivers fast, reliable results—helping physicians identify allergies quicker.
Siemens' proprietary liquid allergens are the key to making IMMULITE® 2000 and IMMULITE® 2000 XPi Immunoassay allergy tests sensitive, specific, and reliable. The soluble polymer/copolymer support for the allergens increases the number of binding sites and their accessibility to allergen-specific IgE antibodies. Enzyme-enhanced chemiluminescent signal detection provides increased sensitivity and the proprietary wash technique enhances specificity.
Zero Calibrator: Another Unique Feature
Siemens’ zero calibrator provides greater sensitivity and precision at the low end of the calibration curve, ensuring a detection limit of 0.1 kU/L.
3gAllergy Assay Products*
Allergy products from Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics address the needs of both patients and healthcare professionals. You'll find a broad menu of allergy tests on the IMMULITE® 2000 and IMMULITE® 2000 XPi Immunoassay systems specifically designed to aid in the screening, diagnosis, and monitoring of allergy patients.
3gAllergy™ Universal Kit
This is the basic component of the module-based specific allergen testing procedure. With the Universal Kit, one master curve applies to all specific allergens and panels. Available on IMMULITE 2000 and IMMULITE® 2000 XPi Immunoassay system.
Immunoassay Tests for Specific Allergens and Panels
Individual barcoded vials of a specific allergen or panel are used to determine the specific IgE in the patient samples. 3gAllergy Universal kit is required.
An expanding allergy menu of specific allergens and allergen panels in the following categories:
- House Dust
Immunoassay Tests for Initial Screening
The quantitative test for total IgE to confirm or exclude atopic allergy in patients. Available for use on IMMULITE®, IMMULITE 2000 and IMMULITE® 2000 XPi Immunoassay systems.
Now you can run allergy testing alongside your routine and specialty immunoassays
A Unique Assay
With 3gAllergy, you can centralize your allergy and other immunoassay testing onto one automated platform—and get unparalleled third-generation assay sensitivity!
- No special equipment needed.
- No special training required—use existing staff.
- No reason to send out allergy tests anymore.
The 3gAllergy assay employs cutting-edge technology and third-generation precision. Some of its unique features include:
- Liquid-phase allergens for greater sensitivity, greater specificity, and a fast turnaround time of 65 minutes
- Enzyme-enhanced chemiluminescence for optimal accuracy
3gAllergy runs on a true walk-away, fully automated random access platform. It allows for up to 138 allergens onboard and offers:
- No manual pipetting
- Less hands-on time for technicians, minimizing errors and labor cost
- High throughput for greater efficiency
- Easy operation and proven system reliability
- More than 480 specific allergens and allergy panels*
*Product availability varies by country
Choose the IMMULITE 2000 or IMMULITE® 2000 XPi Immunoassay system to set the standard in your lab.
Custom pack the allergen wedge to suit your workflow
Customize the configuration of an allergen wedge with up to six allergen vials of your choice. As many as 23 allergen wedges plus a Universal Reagent Wedge fit on each carousel.
- Up to six interchangeable allergens per wedge
- User-defined mix of allergens
- Barcoded allergens to eliminate errors
- All allergen information scanned from wedge
- Up to 138 allergens onboard at any time
- Stable onboard for 90 days
Available on the IMMULITE 2000 and 2000 XPi systems
The use of molecular insect venom allergens can assist clinicians with:
- Defining a more personalized and relevant sensitization profile for each patient
- Choosing the right venom immunotherapy for the patient
- Differentiating patients with double-sensitization to honeybee and vespid species
As a global leader in clinical diagnostics, Siemens offers proven expertise in allergy testing, enhancing and simplifying diagnosis through continuous innovation of our extensive test menu.